5 Easy Ways to Prioritize Self Love & Mental Health in Your Life•
Posted on June 25 2021
1. Mental Health Breaks: Instead of working yourself to the bone for hours on end, take 5-10 minute breaks each hour to rest your mind that DON’T involve checking social media.
- Stand up and do daily stretches.
- Hydrate your body by CHUGGING some H2O.
- Have a snack.
- Call your family and friends and tell them you love them.
- Do 3-5 minutes of deep breathing.
2. Movement: Incorporate movement into your daily routine to maximize energy. This doesn’t have to mean working out; do what feels right for your body!
- Go on a walk outside.
- Do some mid-day yoga.
- Immerse yourself in nature.
- Walk to get your daily coffee.
- Go for a drive.
- Exercise your body (or at least put on cute workout clothes).
3. Time Management: Spend a MINIMUM of 1 hour a day taking care of yourself. You have to take care of yourself before you can help others.
- Schedule self-care time and breaks into your calendar each week.
- Start and end each day doing something for yourself: skincare, meditation, journaling, movement, etc.
- Hold yourself accountable: check-in with yourself throughout the week to make sure you’re giving yourself the time you deserve. If not, MAKE TIME!
4. Personal Growth: Never stop learning & take time to get in touch with your creative side to stay inspired.
- Learn about things that inspire you: you can teach yourself anything on the internet.
- Paint, draw, collage, or try any form of art that inspires you.
- Make something: there’s something so satisfying about making things with your own hands.
- Read a new book.
- Journal and reflect on your goals (short term AND long term).
- Never stop learning: use podcasts, magazines, YouTube, or any medium to keep growing your skills.
5. Practice Gratitude: It’s scientifically proven that people who practice gratitude are overall happier.
- Write down three things you're grateful for each day.
- If something negative happens, ask yourself how this could be an opportunity for growth.
- If you’re grateful for someone, TELL THEM! Life is too short to not express gratitude.
Your Lollapalooza F...
It's LOLLA WEEK and we are here to help!! Check out some of our favorite styles for the last minute festival fashion inspo you need in your life!Read More
Trends You Need to ...
It's officially festival season and we want you to be looking your best! We've spotted four trends that you'll be seeing everywhere and we can't wa...Read More
How to Spice Up You...
Instagram is constantly changing and so is its trending content. If you want to spice up your Insta feed, it's crucial that you develop a consis...Read More