5 Easy Ways to Prioritize Self Love & Mental Health in Your Life•
Posted on June 25 2021
1. Mental Health Breaks: Instead of working yourself to the bone for hours on end, take 5-10 minute breaks each hour to rest your mind that DON’T involve checking social media.
- Stand up and do daily stretches.
- Hydrate your body by CHUGGING some H2O.
- Have a snack.
- Call your family and friends and tell them you love them.
- Do 3-5 minutes of deep breathing.
2. Movement: Incorporate movement into your daily routine to maximize energy. This doesn’t have to mean working out; do what feels right for your body!
- Go on a walk outside.
- Do some mid-day yoga.
- Immerse yourself in nature.
- Walk to get your daily coffee.
- Go for a drive.
- Exercise your body (or at least put on cute workout clothes).
3. Time Management: Spend a MINIMUM of 1 hour a day taking care of yourself. You have to take care of yourself before you can help others.
- Schedule self-care time and breaks into your calendar each week.
- Start and end each day doing something for yourself: skincare, meditation, journaling, movement, etc.
- Hold yourself accountable: check-in with yourself throughout the week to make sure you’re giving yourself the time you deserve. If not, MAKE TIME!
4. Personal Growth: Never stop learning & take time to get in touch with your creative side to stay inspired.
- Learn about things that inspire you: you can teach yourself anything on the internet.
- Paint, draw, collage, or try any form of art that inspires you.
- Make something: there’s something so satisfying about making things with your own hands.
- Read a new book.
- Journal and reflect on your goals (short term AND long term).
- Never stop learning: use podcasts, magazines, YouTube, or any medium to keep growing your skills.
5. Practice Gratitude: It’s scientifically proven that people who practice gratitude are overall happier.
- Write down three things you're grateful for each day.
- If something negative happens, ask yourself how this could be an opportunity for growth.
- If you’re grateful for someone, TELL THEM! Life is too short to not express gratitude.
Rock n Rags 2022 Ho...
No matter what you celebrate, the holidays are a time for family, celebration, traditions, and, of course, shopping. But if you’re like us here at ...Read More
Back to School Outf...
Here at Rock n Rags, we know how stressful going back to school can be. We want to take some stress off your shoulders by giving you easy outfits y...Read More
Rock N Rags Top 10 ...
Festival Season is here! Whether you're looking for outfit inspo or some fun new ways to spice up your festival fit, Rock N Rags spills the tea on ...Read More
Stand by this! I’ve been working on trying to be outside more even if I’m working from my laptop, playing on my switch, or just eating outside.
Such great tips!!! Can’t wait to try some of these <3
Absolutely LOVE this <3 I’ll definitely implement some of these things in my daily routine
I love seeing brands giving tips like this, it really shows how much you care about your customers.
Taking a walk outside is my go-to!! Thanks for sharing this.
Love this!! So important to take mental health breaks and take time for yourself