5 Easy Ways to Prioritize Self Love & Mental Health in Your Life
1. Mental Health Breaks: Instead of working yourself to the bone for hours on end, take 5-10 minute breaks each hour to rest your mind that DON’T involve checking social media.
- Stand up and do daily stretches.
- Hydrate your body by CHUGGING some H2O.
- Have a snack.
- Call your family and friends and tell them you love them.
- Do 3-5 minutes of deep breathing.
2. Movement: Incorporate movement into your daily routine to maximize energy. This doesn’t have to mean working out; do what feels right for your body!
- Go on a walk outside.
- Do some mid-day yoga.
- Immerse yourself in nature.
- Walk to get your daily coffee.
- Go for a drive.
- Exercise your body (or at least put on cute workout clothes).
3. Time Management: Spend a MINIMUM of 1 hour a day taking care of yourself. You have to take care of yourself before you can help others.
- Schedule self-care time and breaks into your calendar each week.
- Start and end each day doing something for yourself: skincare, meditation, journaling, movement, etc.
- Hold yourself accountable: check-in with yourself throughout the week to make sure you’re giving yourself the time you deserve. If not, MAKE TIME!
4. Personal Growth: Never stop learning & take time to get in touch with your creative side to stay inspired.
- Learn about things that inspire you: you can teach yourself anything on the internet.
- Paint, draw, collage, or try any form of art that inspires you.
- Make something: there’s something so satisfying about making things with your own hands.
- Read a new book.
- Journal and reflect on your goals (short term AND long term).
- Never stop learning: use podcasts, magazines, YouTube, or any medium to keep growing your skills.
5. Practice Gratitude: It’s scientifically proven that people who practice gratitude are overall happier.
- Write down three things you're grateful for each day.
- If something negative happens, ask yourself how this could be an opportunity for growth.
- If you’re grateful for someone, TELL THEM! Life is too short to not express gratitude.